Donkey Health Care Class
Join Rob and our Herd Health Staff in an informative class that will provide you with important information that is needed to properly care for a donkey.
This class is on Saturday, June 10, 10:30am - 1:30pm
- feeding your donkey (including special diet formulas)
- proper hoof care
- how important is water
- parasite control
- shelter, and bedding
- maintaining a healthy donkey
- Learn to groom
- Learn to clean hooves
- Learn to put on a halter
- Learn how to communicate with your donkeys.
All participants will receive a one-year membership to the Refuge. If the program sells out, we will be taking a waitlist - call us to add your name (250-679-2778)
Please make sure to bring:
- closed toe shoes that you can get dirty
- farm appropriate clothing
- a mask if you are sensitive to dust/pollen
- a hat
- a packed lunch
- optional: a camera/notebook
- You will need to be able to physically bend and crouch, stand for long periods, hold tools, and lead ropes to participate in the class. Please call us if you are unsure if you may be unable to participate in all activities due to health reasons and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Please do not bring your dog/children with you for this class. A calm environment for learning is required.
- Please note this program will be running on a day when the Refuge is open to the public; if you are bringing extra people with you who are not participating in the program, they will be charged at the regular admission rate and they will not be able to participate in the program or observe the program.
- This class will be paced for Adults; children under 15 are not recommended to take this class.
- If you have questions, please call us prior to signing up for the class.
Please also note:
- Please make sure you have read and understood the When You Visit page.
- This is a working farm and the road to the farm is partially a dirt road; there is currently highway construction around Chase - please check Drive BC to make sure you plan accordingly.
- If you have any questions, please call us during business hours (9am - 4pm) 250-679-2778 or email email@example.com.
- Please select your date and add to cart; each booking is for 1 participant. If you are registering more than one participant please adjust the amount of items at checkout, and leave us a note at checkout with participant names.
- After you have checked out, you will receive an email with a downloadable waiver/photo release form which you will need to fill-in/sign & return to the Refuge prior to your program date. Each participant will need a signed waiver/photo release form to participate.